Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Workshop 2

What do you expect the students' cognitive outcomes when the students use technology?

I have mixed feelings concerning this question. I tend to ask myself, is computer use good for the brain? Is it challenging students' thinking? Does it emphasise higher-order thinking? I think there are many times when it will increase students' knowledge on certain topics. I think there are programs, software packages, and websites out there that will challenge the mind. There are things that technology can offer that will expose children to events or pictures that they may never have had the chance to see before.

On the other hand I think that in excess, the computer will eat away at the brain. I think when not monitored and used correctly students will not benefit cognitively from technology use. Finding the right balance is the key

What do you expect are the students' affective outcomes when the students use technology?

Students these days are avid technology users. They love any sort of technology and are intrigued by it. Therefore, the outcome of technology use in the classroom will be motivation in the students and therefore ideally learning should increase. Students will be more attentive when you use technology and more in tune with what the teacher is trying to teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment