Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Podcasts and their outcomes

I am not very familiar using Podcasts nor do I even own an Ipod. I have very few friends or acquaintances that I know who use Podcasts, but I do see how they could be affective in the educational setting. The first thought that comes to mind is their use when a sub is needed. You could go as far as to make up a Podcast when you are at home and then it will be shown in your class. Another use I see for them is connecting with other schools. Students could learn from other teachers for something new.

The students love technology. They look out for the latest and greatest. I am a teacher who, unfortunately, doesn't use much technology. So I know whenever I do I get their full attention, because it is something different. I think the students knowledge is highentened to new levels and they are motivated to learn further. When Podcasts are used students are interested in the content and are enjoying what they are learning, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment