Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Half-way Point

We have reached the half way mark for this class! I am excited about what we are doing and looking for ways in which I can apply some of this information to my class. One of the significant learning experiences I have had was reading peoples' responses to one of my discussion questions this week to go along with my power point. I asked them to share one specific way they have used the Internet in their class. Anna replied with an awesome activity that I was able to take and use in my class (with a little modification of course). I love how teaching is one profession where we can share ideas and use other peoples' things, with out them getting upset! Why re-invent the wheel!

I would love to get my hands on some of the awesome pieces of software that other schools use and show our teachers what is out there. In addition to software, and maybe something more easily accessible, would be to gather a list of great websites and web quests that would go along with what we are teaching. We could take a professional development day and just search the Internet ourselves to come up with ways to integrate technology into our classes. There is SO much out there and often times we don't have the time to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment