Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 7

Reflect on the skills used as a result of your learning so far that you are applying to promote an effective method of applying the modern instructional technology and producing instructional media and aids into teaching;


Wow, what a 7 weeks it has been. Click, post, click, type, click, read, I felt like that was all I have done for the last 49+ days, but it's been good. Through this class, even though we don't have the best technology, even though we don't have the latest gadget, I will take away the fact that technology is important. Technology is our world and there is nothing we can do to change it. Our world is full of it and that is what our students are going to need to know. They are going to need to be exposed to as much technology use as they can and not be afraid of it, because that is what they are going to be using in the next year and in the next ten years.

One thing I have taken away is thought, I am constantly thinking about how I can incorporate something into my curriculum. I have discovered many websites and webquests that my students will enjoy. I have discovered the importance of exposure and I want to give that to my students. The skills I have used, developing a webpage, google docs, powerpoint, are all skills I can transfer to my students and teach them how to use.

All in all, through the click, type, click, type, I have clicked my way to being more appreciative and understanding of the clicky world we live in.


What do you expect are the students' affective outcomes from using these forms of technology?

I think that students will gain confidence and develop their creativity through some of these tools. With web design and power point, students are free to design how they want and express their individuality. I think students as well, through websites and games, will become smarter and more in tune with what they are learning. I think students will learn deeper through Virtual Field trips and will experience things that they could have not experienced otherwise. The affect on students is great, when the teacher channels it in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment